Monday, May 23, 2011

Mr. Karr's Assignment for 2011-12

Dear King Families,
As I read over what you received from the district offices this afternoon, I want to clarify and share that my new assignment will be as principal of Mitchell Elementary School in Ann Arbor.  It will be an exciting and challenging assignment . . . and one I look forward to.

That said, I have loved my time at King School.  The staff,  parents, and students have been wonderful.  I couldn't have been a luckier principal over the last six years.  It is, frankly, very difficult to leave and a bit emotional as well.  I deeply appreciate the work we've done at King.  It has been exciting and rewarding and is a time I will always recall fondly.

As you know, Mrs. Kathy Morhous, most recently principal of Burns Park, will be coming to King for 2011-12.  She is an excellent principal and one that I think the King community will embrace.

I look forward to seeing all of you at the King School Ice Cream Social on June 10 if not sooner.
Sincerely,
Kevin