Sunday, October 31, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
ShirtOrderForm.pdf - Google Docs
If you have questions, please contact Kevin Behmer at email@example.com
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Several community forums are scheduled this month to offer input to the Ann Arbor Public Schools about what qualities are desired in a leader as the district begins the search for a new superintendent.
A survey has also been developed asking members of the public to select their top 10 qualities in a superintendent; there also is space for listing additional feedback. It will be available online until 5 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 31 and can be found by clicking here.
The survey will also be available to the public during the scheduled Superintendent Search Community Forums.
The forums are open to anyone in the community.
Tuesday, Oct. 26
• 7 p.m. Ann Arbor Parent Teacher Organization Council (PTOC) forum at Scarlett Middle School Media Center, 3300 Lorraine St., Ann Arbor
All PTO members, interested, parents, teachers and their friends are welcome!
Monday, October 25, 2010
Trick or Treat for UNICEF"s goal is to raise money to help the children who suffer daily because of
lack of access to clean water, basic medical attention, sufficient nutrition or immunizations. Last year
King school raised $438. Participation is voluntary. Please return collection boxes by November 5.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
PTO Thrift Shop.
Sunday, October 24th.
Costumes! Come join the fun and get inspired at the A2 PTO Thrift
Shop when Skyline's Crew Team gets creative with a Halloween Fashion
Show on Sunday, October 24th from 1-2 pm. All costumes in the show
will be made from stuff in the shop. Go green this Halloween at the
A2 PTO Thrift Shop.
Crafts! Decorate an old-fashioned treat sac from 2-5 pm with another
group of Skyline High School students. Paint a pillowcase for all
your Halloween candy. Spaces are limited for this craft so call the
shop to reserve your spot: 734-996-9155.
Face-painting! The same Skyline crafty students will also be painting
faces. Come and try on a new "mask" before Halloween.
Treats! Refreshments will be provided at this event by Scarlett
Middle School PTSO.
Come to the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop, 2280 South Industrial Hwy. Ann
Arbor, MI 48104.
Neighborhood Watch - Suspicious Incident Bulletin
The Ann Arbor Police Department is issuing a Suspicious Incident Bulletin.
While the activity is not illegal, it is suspicious. The Ann Arbor Police Department advising residents to report any suspicious incidents to the police department at 911.
· Look assertive and be aware of your surroundings.
· Walk or jog with a trusted friend or co-worker when possible.
· Trust your intuition, if a particular situation makes you feel uncomfortable or unsafe, choose and alternate.
· Have your keys in hand before you reach your vehicle or residence
· Be aware that your risk increases in secluded and isolated areas.
· If someone stops to ask for directions, never get close enough to the vehicle to be grabbed.
· Carry your cell phone with you at all times.
· Do not jog or walk with headphones, remember you need to use all your instincts.
· Description of subject and any unusual behavior or clothing.
· Description of vehicle with any identifying marks or stickers.
· Direction of travel.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
How to Register Your Kroger Plus Card and Link It to the King PTO
These instructions are for Kroger shoppers who have a Kroger Plus Card. (It is not a gift card, and it does not carry a balance.) If you do not have one, then you can get one at the Kroger Customer Service desk if you wish. To activate it immediately, you will need to use it at least once.
In your web browser, go to www.kroger.com
Click on "Create an account" near the upper right-hand corner.
Fill in your e-mail address and create a password, then click "save and continue."
Fill in a zip code, such as 48105, and click "find stores."
Choose a store from the dropdown list and click "save and continue."
Select the little round "button" in front of the words "Yes, I have a Kroger Plus Card." This will cause the screen to change so that you can complete step 7.
Fill in your Kroger Plus Card Number--it's the string of digits under the barcode on the back of your Kroger Plus Card. Please do not include any spaces. Also fill in your last name and zip code and click "save and continue."
Select any boxes you wish for receiving e-mails (or not), and click "save and continue."
Select the box in front of "*I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions" and click "complete registration."
The next screen asks you to check your e-mail.
When you log in to your e-mail account and look in your inbox, there should be an e-mail from Kroger. When you open it, click on the link after the phrase "Please confirm your e-mail address and selected preferences by clicking the following link:"
Now you have been redirected to the Kroger website. Click on "Log in to your account."
Type in your e-mail address and password and click "sign in."
Click on the last line under the Account Settings tab, which is "Community Rewards." This will cause the Community Rewards section to expand so that you can complete step 15.
Now click on "Edit Community Rewards Program Information."
In the box under "Find Your Organization" type the following: king pto then click "search."
You should now see M. L. KING PTO under "Select Your Organization." Here's the important part: Select the little round "button" in front of M. L. KING PTO. Then click "save changes." Hooray! That was a lot of hoops to jump through. Thank you so much! Now, every time your Kroger Plus Card is swiped at checkout, 5% of the purchase amount will go to the King PTO.
After saving, the screen should have returned to the Account Settings tab. To verify that M. L. KING PTO has been selected, click on "Community Rewards" again.
If you see it there, you're done! If you don't see it, please try repeating the steps starting with step 15. Thanks again!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
CLICK HERE to download the registration form.
Thrift Shop located on Industrial Parkway. Our King School poster will
be on display the week of 10/10/10 through 10/17/10. For every 5
dollars spent at the PTO thrift shop you receive a token to vote for
our poster. The winning school poster earns 500 dollars, second place
350 dollars and 3rd place 250 dollars. Buy great items at low costs
and vote for our school poster. Thanks.
Friday, October 08, 2010
I am writing to share that things at school are running smoothly; however, we do not have full electrical power. It was discovered early this morning that two of the three electrical "legs" King accesses for electricity had been damaged overnight, but one of the "legs" is operational. We have most of our lights. Because we have lights, a decision was made not to cancel school.
Again, school has not been cancelled, BUT our procedures at the end of the school day will be different as follows:
- Electricity - All electricity at King School will be shut down shortly after the end of the school day today.
- Telephones - We are using our emergency telephone only at school. It is a single phone; all other phones are not working. Parents can call the regular school phone number; however, since we only have one phone, please use discretion when deciding to call.
- Rec and Ed classes cancelled - All Rec and Ed classes are cancelled this afternoon at King School (including Girls On The Run). Since there will be no power, the school will be completely closed down and locked. Parents should pick up their children today at 3:42 PM. If necessary, call the school office at 994-1940.
- King Care cancelled - King Care is cancelled this afternoon. Parents should pick up their children today at 3:42 PM. If necessary, call King Care at 994-4485.
- Parents pick-up at 3:42 - I am asking parents to be especially timely today during pick-up. If possible, please get to school a few minutes early. This is help to make sure every child arrives home safely this afternoon.
Wednesday, October 06, 2010
For your reference, the State Of The School presentation from Curriculum Night 2009, shows below as well.
Please support the King PTO and to benefit your students by purchasing Spirit Wear.
If you have any questions please email Belinda Pinto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, October 04, 2010