Monday, November 13, 2006

Re: Returning the Rock

Dear Rocky,
I could barely sleep last night thinking over this difficult decision. Here's what I'm going to do: I'll buy the lunch for Mary on Monday . . . but I still want us to figure out the mystery. Help us understand what we're missing . . .

Below is my analysis of the clues given with my thoughts in red and italics.
Clue from October 20:
Find the one person who likes to rhyme,
And you'll get your rock in the nick of time.

Suspects: kinder teachers, librarian, first grade teachers, reading intervention teacher, music teacher, maybe 2nd grade teachers

For your precious little game, I do hope they win,
OSU the national championship . . . that is a sin.

Not Joyce Griffiths who graduated from The Ohio State University

You asked for a clue, I have given you many,
if you look close you'll find, ten maybe twenty.

Ten or twenty clues? What? Not sure where this multiplicity of clues are . . .

From October 22:
My team was in a very close battle this week but you got the wrong game. Think Orange.

Teams who wear orange: Tennessee, Texas, Auburn?, Clemson, Syracuse, Miami FL, Illinois, others?

On the weekend the clue was given the following orange teams were in close battles:

· Tennessee

· Nebraska who played Texas

This clearly points to Barb Vanek, a Cornhusker.

From October 27:
Some students have seen the rock but they know how to keep a secret. They have even participated in the great caper.

We know the original culprit is not a student.

What have I missed? Are the pictures you've sent real clues?

Anxiously awaiting my rock . . .
Kevin Karr