Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Crossing Guard Update - 5/14 UPDATED

UPDATED - 5/14 @ 1:30 PM

I discussed the situation with Officer Lee today. He shared that a fill-in crossing guard was assigned to the Glazier and Tremont location today and didn't know why the person was not there. He will follow-up.

As an on-going issue, the crossing guard being absent should not be a problem.

______________________

The crossing guard at Tremont and Glazier Way was again reported absent today. You might remember my earlier post about this situation . . . it shows again below.


I have left a message for Officer Sean Lee at the number below about the situation and why a sub could not be placed. I hope to hear back soon; however, parents can certainly contact the police department about the situation too.

_________________________________________

Earlier post about crossing guard:

This morning it was reported that there was no crossing guard at Glazier Way and Tremont. As some of you know, this has been a fairly frequent occurrence on Wednesdays this school year. I am sharing this information so that you can make appropriate plans with your child if they must cross but when they arrive there is no adult assistance. Some families have shared the following solutions:

  • I walk with my child on Wednesdays. This way I can help him/her cross.
  • I have instructed my child to wait until an adult arrives to cross.
  • Maybe there is a parent who can fill-in on Wednesdays when the crossing guard is not present? If you can help, please do!
IMPORTANT: Some parents may not be aware that crossing guards are hired and employed by the City of Ann Arbor, not the Ann Arbor Public Schools. While I have been in contact with the city and I do understand their difficulty, please direct questions specific to the filling of the crossing guard position to the city by calling call Sean Lee at 994-2865. If you have other questions/concerns, please call the MLK school office.